Whether your student needs help with homework, weekly accountability, or instruction and support in difficult subjects like math and English, you’ll find a variety of options here at Basic Skills.
- We offer affordable one-on-one tutoring sessions at our Oregon City location
- Qualified tutors are paired with individual students to meet their educational goals
- We’ll meet as often as you need, whether that’s twice a week or twice a month
- We come alongside struggling students to help them grow, learn, and understand.
We work to meet your needs; therefore, we meet when you need to meet. We combine a variety of textbooks, techniques, and tools to provide your student with the best learning environment possible. Parents are always welcome to attend tutoring sessions.
For two or more students who need instruction in the same topic in a more class-like setting, we offer group tutoring. Group tutoring rates start at $18 per student for a group of two, and $12 per student for a group of three or more.
Weekly accountability and instruction are great resources for students who work well on their own, but just need a little bit more supervision. Our trained tutors will provide help in problem areas and input on correction of daily work. This program can be paired with our Diploma Program, our PDP program or custom made to fit your educational needs.
Tutoring fees range from $36.00 to $45.00 per hour, based upon the tutor and content. Group tutoring rates are $18 per student for a group of two students, and $12 per student for a group of 3 or more students.
- Special needs tutoring is available with our specialist Jo Edwards.
- Elementary to advanced math tutoring is available with George Shubin.
- The Barton Method for dyslexic and struggling readers is taught by Maddie Shearer.