High school students enrolled in a private school may earn some of their credits independent of a classroom. With the permission of their school, students complete coursework at home. Common reasons for enrolling in the Independent Study Program include:
- Improve low or incomplete grades
- Accelerate high school schedule
- Schedule conflict
- Extended illness
Parent and students report to an NCCA academic advisor at the end of each semester for evaluations. An official transcript is issued upon satisfactory completion of the coursework.
The Independent Study Program requires parent involvement. A Parent must be available to monitor the coursework, administer tests and provide records of daily work.
Administering Tests at Home
Tests are administered and graded by a parent. Each test is a closed-book test which means it is generally completed without the assistance of any books, notes, or outside help. Testing Witness forms provided by the academic advisor are to be signed by the parent and attached to each test.
The academic advisor will schedule an initial consultation to answer questions, direct the purchase of textbooks and assign coursework. Parents schedule subsequent meetings as the student completes each semester of the course material. At these meetings, the academic advisor will check the student's work, assign a semester grade and provide any additional guidance that is needed. When the work is satisfactorily completed, the academic advisor will assign a final grade and authorize the release of a transcript.
A maximum of one year from the date of enrollment is allowed to complete one unit of coursework (six months for one-half unit). If the work is not completed within that time period, a three month extension may be granted for an additional fee. The suggested NCCA deadlines for completion of coursework listed below are based on the deadline given by the school.
School Deadline NCCA Deadline
Beginning of school year September 1st
End of first semester January 10th
End of second semester May 30th
Courses Available Include:
Health Earth Science
Physical Ed. Geography
US History World History
Pre Algebra Algebra I
Algebra II Career Ed.
Personal Finance Chemistry
Other courses are available upon advisor's approval.
New Covenant Christian Academy Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God and man in one person. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, and vicariously atoned for sin through His shed blood and death. He was bodily resurrected from the dead, ascended to the right hand of God the Father, and will personally return in power and glory.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man.
- God justifies the sinner on the basis of Christ’s righteousness which is imputed to Him by grace alone and received by faith alone.
- Eternal life is received by faith, that is, trusting in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- The Holy Spirit indwells all true believers and enables them to live a godly life.
- Both the saved and the lost will be resurrected from the dead; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- There is spiritual unity of all true believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.